There are more and more countries and destinations to which TAP is flying to and from Portugal.
Find out here if you need to present a COVID test with a negative result to be able to travel to Portugal.
COVID TEST IS NOT NEEDED IF YOU ARE TRAVELING FROM:
- Countries that are part of the European Union, associated with the Schengen Area (Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland and Switzerland) and the United Kingdom.
- Countries whose epidemiological situation is in accordance with the recommendations regarding air connections with Portugal, namely Canada.
MANDATORY COVID TEST, WITH A NEGATIVE RESULT, IN ORDER TO BOARD IS NEEDED FOR:
All TAP passengers (including Portuguese citizens and residents of Portugal) on flights from countries that are not part of the European Union, or that are not countries associated with the Schengen Area or from the United Kingdom or Canada, must present proof of RT-PCR testing for COVID-19, with a negative result, performed within 72 hours prior to the time of departure, or they will be denied boarding.
For example the United Stated of America and Brazil.
NOTE - The test must be a molecular RT-PCR test and rapid tests are not acceptable.
EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE OF MANDATORY PRESENTATION OF NEGATIVE TEST RESULTS BEFORE BOARDING:
- Passengers transferring in Portugal with a connecting flight outside of national territory are exempt from presenting the test as long as the connecting flight takes place on the same calendar day and they do not leave the boarding area within the airport;
- Passengers of Portuguese nationality and passengers with legal residence in Portugal, on flights originating in African Portuguese speaking countries or any origin in a third country on repatriation or humanitarian flight:
- Will be allowed to board without proof of testing, however they will be tested upon arrival at the Portuguese airport, at their own expense, and must wait for the results at their residence (for reference, the test costs 100 €).
See detailed information here.
Portuguese national / resident in Portugal traveling from New York to Lisbon: Must present test to board
Foreign national traveling from Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon: Must present test to board
Foreign national traveling Sao Paulo – Lisbon – Madrid: No test required
Portuguese national / resident in Portugal traveling from Praia to Lisbon: Can take the test upon arrival
Portuguese passenger / resident in Portugal on a repatriation flight from Dakar to Lisbon: Can take the test upon arrival
Foreign national traveling from Luanda to Lisbon: Must present test to board
Portuguese national / resident in Portugal traveling from Dakar to Lisbon: Must present test to board.
Foreign national traveling from Dakar to Lisbon: Must present test to board